Thursday, February 26, 2009

This 'title' business.


I was excited about beginning my very own blog until it came time for me to make a title. Ugh. I never was good with titles. I am, however, a strong believer in the potential titles hold. They can snag one's interest, bring on a chuckle, or tie everything together perfectly. I just am never able to come up with one of those completely satisfying titles. I considered a catchy rhyme, like "Suze's Muses," but nothing really rhymes with Amelia except paraphernalia, which I will keep in mind if I ever have a souvenir shop (for people who visit me?). I contemplated the simple "Life of Amelia" heading, but I am still unsure if blogging is for me. This could very well become like a journal, but perhaps I will forget to log on or get busy with other things, leaving the page bare and my visitors thinking that my life consists of hardly anything at all. It's too soon in the game for a title like "Life of Amelia." We'll see how it plays out. But for now...
There's a song called "Sweet Amelia" by Aaron Neville. The story-telling lyrics and his unique voice make me love this ballad. Plus, it's all about me. He sings about a girl "so wild, but yet so tame" who could "calm a hurricane." (hah) Just like me, "she was only seventeen, and Amelia was her name." He goes on to tell us of Amelia's hypnotizing eyes, sweet lips, and the way she affected him so deeply that he can still feel her with him. Okay, so the similarities stopped after age and name. Still, it's the only title I could come up with. For you - the explanation of my title. For Aaron Neville - a thank you for pulling through once again!

2 comments:

Alli Krewson said...

you, my dear, are a beautiful writer... we both thoroughly enjoyed your thoughts. you should invite miss pilling to this blog- i'm sure she'd enjoy reading your thoughts for years to come

ma said...

I had the same thought (other than mine being 'Mrs. Kusick'). It's very good, my Sweet Amelia :)