So I've had a bit of a dry spell. I guess I haven't been able to think of something good to blog about. I realize that is the point of the list of things to write about, but I got kind of bored with that slash the next few ideas didn't really excite me so I kept starting a post and then stopping because it was dumb. But anyway, my life has been pretty great lately. Here are 5 reasons why:
-I have a new nephew! Baby Ben. I love him so much already. I want to hold him very very bad, and it breaks my heart not knowing when I'll be able to. It'll be so great. I can't wait to see Cooper with him too. Shout out to my sister, one of the greatest moms I know. Those boys are pretty lucky to have her!
-I am going to Washington tomorrow with Whitney and Maureen! Which we're kind of worrying about now because I guess the roads are pretty bad through Idaho, but I'm sure we'll be okay. I'm so excited to spend time with Whitney's family in Richland, WA! And even though I have a huge lot of stuff to, I'm just going to forget about everything for a while! So my quality of life will likely be very low for the remainder of the semester after we get back, but this week will be a good one.
-I got my first 100% on a final today! Okay, it was for volleyball class... and okay, we were given an exact copy of the test with the answers to study from... but these facts did in no way diminish the pleasure I felt after reading the "Perfect Score!" comment on the score screen. Man. I am a GENIUS.
-I signed up to play the piano for our ward's Christmas talent show. So hopefully I'll be able to dig out my talent, which is currently hidden in the earth. I miss playing. Performing, even.
-I met a lovely widow on Sunday named Maxine. She asked if I went to BYU, I said yes. She said her husband graduated from there, I asked if that's where she met him. She said, oh no, we met in sixth grade... he was my teacher. And that's when I knew we would become great friends. A woman after my own heart. That is, a heart that loves old men. Then we watched a special on tbs about the royal family, and talked about the pretty dresses and the handsome gentlemen.
...and now off to Washington :)
4 comments:
bahahaha maxine seems like a great match for you. i love her already.
that maxine sounds like a great little hussy! glad you've found a friend. and congratulations on your cute new nephew! awww he's excited to meet you too. wish we were going to be hearing you play the piano... maybe you could make us a mix tape for christmas?
So happy to see you found time to blog. I was beginning to think you were so busy with the birth of your new nephew that you didn't have time ;-) Once I saw that Alli found time to blog I figured surely you would have time to squeeze it in, and sure enough you did. hahah. Drive safe on the roads and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. You deserve the break.
You should always take pride in a perfect score, no matter the class ;-) With all those boys to distract you, I am sure you had to work extra hard to concentrate on that test.
Glad you found time to write again, I have missed your updates. Have a blast this weekend.
- your new nephew is, indeed, splendid. He will be very happy to meet you and be held by you as well, whenever that might be.
- Miss Millie goes to Washington! Please, please travel safely and have a great break from your routine. Hello to Whitney's parents :)
- yes, you are a genius - always, in everything you put your heart into.
- I would love to attend your Ward Christmas Party, but will have to wait until you come home for Christmas to be dazzled by your talent, I guess. Your piano and I will be very happy for your return.
- Maxine. How long has the lovely lady been a widow? Something to think about when considering those 'older' men, you know. Another thought - is there a Maxine out there for the Dude??? haha (he doesn't read your blog, right?!)
Love you Amelia Jane. Have a great weekend - and keep your mama posted :)
Post a Comment