Alright so for my advertising application which is due in exactly ten days, I have to complete this portfolio. And for part 6 of the portfolio, they ask me a few questions to get a feel for what kind of person I am basically. One of the questions is:
A genie grants you three wishes - assuming one cannot be to ask for more wishes - what would you wish for?
So I'm going to post some of the wishes I've come up with and you tell me your favourite ones please, or suggestions for others if you want! I've been trying to take it pretty seriously. Like what are some things that I REALLY want... without getting into the temple marriage level of seriousness. I'm also allowed to expound on these more, so I think I'll do that after I've decided on my top 3.
I WISH FOR...
1. ...the metabolism of a teenage boy. (I got that one from Alli)
2. ...nice handwriting. It seems silly, but I just wish that if I write something beautiful, it would look beautiful on paper too.
3. ...Jimmer Fredette.
4. ...domestic abilities. Home Economics was the worst grade I’ve ever received in my entire educational career. I’m not wife material. I guess guys like girls who can cook?
5. ...more closet space.
6. ...smooth elbows. It doesn’t matter how much you lotion them, they are never as smooth as the rest of your arm!
7. ...everyone to just get along.
8. ...a family. A big one. Lots of boys, lots of girls, lots of chaos and a whole lot of love!
9. ...free flights. None of that teleportation business, because airplanes are fun! But living in Utah, with my home in Canada, my boyfriend Steve Nash in Phoenix, and my nephews in Texas, I just wish it didn’t cost so much.
10. ...to wake up with makeup.
11. ...a voice that didn’t resemble that of a young, lonely, and possibly scared child.
12. ...the rest of my advertising application to be done. (just kidding I wouldn't actually put that one)
13. ...all animals to be treated with kindness and respect. I’ll try not to rant here, but all I want is for everyone to understand that we will be held accountable before God for the way we treat his creations. So we should act accordingly.
14. ...my children to have the best possible combination of mine and my husband’s genes.
15. ...the ability to not judge people or gossip. I'm working on it, but it's still a lot further off than it should be.
16. ...connections. Connections to my professors, to famous people, to generous rich people, etc.
17. ...my roommate's boyfriend to never come over again.
18. ...for front-row tickets to a Billy Joel concert.
19. ...to go to the Galapagos Islands.
20. ...for everyone to understand the concept of grammar. No one needs to be perfect, but I think the world would be a happier place if everyone was just a little bit closer to perfect.
Dang it. Now that I read them over, they're all dumb.
4 comments:
Off to a meeting soon, so may post again when I have more time to ponder on the things you've written. At a glance though, the ones that stood out to me/that I related to were:
2. I always notice and am jealous of nice handwriting too. Both my mom and dad had beautiful penmanship. It was obviously something that was taught back then, or else the genes on that one went really weak...
7. Contention. Tension. Nervousness. Fear. I wish for world peace too.
15. Something I pray for and try to be conscious of every day. A very noble goal.
18. I would like you to have a seat on Billy Joel's bench. You deserve it - and he would be sooo impressed!
20. I know I'm not perfect here, but I'm perfecter than alot of people! haha And then like today when I was opening the mail at work and I was really miffed with people who just haphazardly slap the stamp on the envelope rather than placing it nicely in that top right corner when it finds its niche. Ok Sheila, quit circling mistakes in Ward Bulletins and quit worrying about how people apply their stamps. It's probably just small stuff (in some people's books...)
I especially like #11. :)
Forget all the other wishes, I had to reread #9. I thought you might have been holding out on me, but I decided to use Google before I asked you who is "Steve Nash?" ;-)(Not to appear like a total idiot, I did figure he had to be a ball player.)
I don't think your wishes are dumb at all. I think if we all had to sit down and really think about what we would wish for, we would find that we have more in common that people think. I think you are off to a great start and have some great wishes there. No matter which three you choose the committee will get a pretty good idea of who you are as they read your reasoning behind why you chose the three you did. I know I will be curious to read your explanations on your top three wishes. Good luck.
These are all great! I loved #19. I met someone who went there for two weeks. They said it was an incredible experience! Airplane tickets should be free. I hope your project goes well. Good Luck!
Post a Comment