Friday, December 10, 2010

so ready to go home.

You know those blog posts that are really vague and metaphorical? They leave you wondering who/what the person is really talking about, and why you even care what they're talking about? Basically they make you regret even reading the darn thing. You know those posts? Well, I'm sorry to say that this is going to be one of those.

How can something be so good and so bad at the same time? It's like hope. Hope is a beautiful thing. Except for the times when your hope is proven to have been a mistake. How nice that you have a hopeful character. What a great quality. But this time you probably should've just chosen the cynical route, sorry. Sometimes it just seem like a big guessing game. I think I'll let myself hope for this. Ooh... wrong move. But then, again and again you hope some more. I am addicted to hope. Hoping feels good, it makes life exciting. And I wouldn't do it any other way. It's just sometimes - these times - when I wish I could hold off a while longer before putting my hope into something. Because even though there were some big red signs pointing towards "go ahead, you can hope for this!" there were probably other smaller signs, surely in neutral tones, saying "ehhh maybe it's a little premature." I guess I missed those ones.

2 comments:

ma said...

Amelia.....are you sad? Did something/someone break your heart? Perhaps what you are thinking of as hopes are really wishes.

Hope, according to Elder Maxwell, "...rests on revealed assurances." Hope IS a great quality, and certainly one you possess. Those fundamental things requiring hope are very much a part of you/your faith. You ARE addicted to hope - and that's a good thing :)

As for wishes...I guess when outcomes aren't as you would have wanted, you just have to have faith that Someone knows more about it than you do.

Please don't be sad.

p.s. I am SO READY for you to be home!
xoxo

Amelia said...

no no I'm not sad! I am perfectly fine!!!! I know this was a lame post but in my defense, I warned you.