Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Quotations"

My new blog friend Emily Brown (also my co-worker, also local-legend-singer-songwriter) recently posted a blog about quotes from her apartment. I would like to now do the same. But first, don't you think it's funny that the title of this post is "Quotations." The quotation marks aren't necessary but it brought two funny things to mind:
a. this
and
b. this:
Merry Christmas!
"Love,"
Grandpa and Grandma.
(whenever my grandparent's sign a card, they put love in quotation marks haha. I'll always know my grandparents "love" me.)

Anyway, here are a few quotes from Ling and me. I won't explain their context because it's kind of funnier this way.

Whitney: "I hate boys. ... and I LOVE eating."
Amelia: "Can I wrap you up like a baby in this?"
Whitney: "No guy goes to a blood drive to meet girls... unless he's a vampire!"
Amelia: "Really? You don't think he looks kinda FAS?" Whitney: "What?" Amelia: "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome..."
Most said phrases:
W: "I have so much to do."
A: "Where is my rake?"
W: "No I will not play monopoly with you."
A: "Where is my scrunchie?"
W: "Boo hoo hoo hoo."
A: "Waaaaah"
Life themes:
"Open your heart to love."
"You have nothing to lose."
pretty inspirational themes right? well you probably wouldn't think so... but yes. they are pretty inspirational.

6 comments:

ma said...

my, my, my - quite the change to the blog! - kinda makes me want to dig out my grad dress! ;)

amelia said...

it's only cute on some browsers unfortunately :( on firefox it's boring. I did it on chrome but now it's not showing up now that I'm on firefox.

ma said...

don't sweat it toots - it's the content I crave 8-)

Alli Krewson said...

i think mom just called you sweaty toots.

on a cleaner note - i'm going to start using the "can i wrap you like a baby in this?" line all the time i think... no idea the context, but imagine the possibilities!

amelia holt said...

what are you, 8? (what's it off of)

celestial* said...

Dear Amelia... You're a Friends fan?!?! I think you may be my new best friend. No really.